Q. Can I have a firearm shipped to me from out of state into California?
Q. Can I ship a firearm to another state?
A. Yes you can. This is called an FFL Transfer and must be completed between two Federally Licensed Firearms Dealers. Gunther Guns is a federally licensed dealer and we will be happy to process your transfer.
In order to complete an FFL transfer, the following is required:
1. The gun must be legal to possess in California. In the case of handguns, see link for approved models: Click here to check the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale.
2. Pay transfer fee of $75 (Does Not include DROS fee.)
3. Sales tax of 8% will be collected. Per the California State Board of Equalization, see link here, we are required to collect sales tax. In order to properly do so, you must provide a copy of your receipt showing price you paid to gun dealer shipping the gun into us.
4. A Firearms Shipment Approval Number is required. Whether the gun dealer (FFL) shipping the firearm to Gunther Guns is located within California or outside of California, that dealer must provide us with a Firearms Shipment Approval Number on packing slip and include a copy of the Shipment Approval Letter with the shipment. It is free for a dealer to enroll in the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) program to obtain Firearms Shipment Approval numbers. If you are an FFL dealer and would like to ship a firearm into Gunther Gun's facility, please click on this link: Log In to California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC)
5. Other Paperwork. When purchasing a firearm, evidence of identity and age, proof of residency and firearm safety certificate apply. For more information click here: How To Buy A Gun
The 4473 form must be filled out and Gunther Guns will run background check and start the 10 day wait time.
6. Your name and contact information MUST be included in the shipment. If the sender of your firearm does include this information we will not know who the firearm belongs to. This could add many days of unnecessary delays and will incur an additional $25 service fee.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will contact you by phone when your firearm is ready for pick up. Please do not come into the store on the same day that your firearm was supposed to have arrived and expect it to be ready. We require five (5) business days for receiving and processing paperwork.
ALL TRANSFERS MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 90 DAYS OF ARRIVAL. ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED PAST 90 DAYS.