Q: Can I store my guns or firearms at Gunther Guns?
A: Yes you can! Gunther Guns is the largest firearms storage facility in California.
We provide firearm storage for the entire State of California. There are many reasons why you may temporarily need gun storage.
- Traveling outside the country for an extended trip.
- Military personnel being shipped overseas.
- Temporarily moving out of state.
- Have been served with a TRO (temporary restraining order).
- Been contacted by law enforcement and given 24 hours to relinquish possession of your guns.
If you have been ordered to remove all guns from your home within 24 hours by a police agency, then you need to act immediately.
Steps to take:
- Call Gunther Guns at 760-444-1100 and inform us that you will be transporting firearms to our storage facility.
- All firearms will be transported to our storage facility UNLOADED.
- All guns will be in a hard case, zippered bag or box that completely conceals contents Before entering our facility.
What happens next?Your firearms will be legally transferred into our storage facility.You will sign a storage agreement.Make payment.
- Your firearms will be legally transferred into our storage facility.
- You will sign a storage agreement.
- Make payment.
- When applicable, we will provide you with Form BOF 992. (California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms - Report of Firearm Storage for Prohibited Person.) Form BOF 992 represents legal proof that your guns or firearms are no longer in your possession.
How much does it cost to store my firearms?
Ten dollars ($10) per gun paperwork processing fee.
Thirty dollars ($30) per gun for 30 days of storage.
How long can I store my firearms at Gunther Gun's facility?
You can store your guns for up to three years.